Women of Essence Foundation is a Non Governmental Organisation set up with the mission to help women discover, pursue and fulfil God’s purpose for their lives. It has since been engaged in activities that empower women to fulfill purpose. In the foundation’s efforts to also empower the girl child who is the woman of tomorrow, the Women of Essence Foundation Outreach Initiative for Girls (WIG) was launched. Part of WIG activities is the annual commemoration of the International Day of the Girl Child with a Conference. The organisation is now launching an Essay Competition through which educational grants will be awarded to the top three winners. To this effect, Senior Secondary School girls are invited to submit essays as follows.
Topic: Harnessing the Power of the Adolescent Girl to the Benefit of the Nation.
- The competition is open to female students in Senior Secondary School class 3 in Ondo State.
- The essay must be written by one individual, joint efforts are not acceptable.
- The essay must project fresh ideas not published before now. We encourage originality, plagiarism will lead to outright disqualification.
- The essay must address the subject matter.
- The essay must abide strictly by the word limit which is between 1000 and 2000 words.
- Submissions received will be reviewed by professionals in the academic and development sectors.
The first three winners will be awarded educational grants to study in any Federal University or Polytechnic in Nigeria in the following categories;
1st Prize (N300,000) Educational grant for the period of study.
2nd Prize (N240,000) Educational grant for the period of study.
3rd Prize (N200,000) Educational grant for the period of study.
*Terms and conditions apply*
Mode of Submission
Candidates may submit their essays online at email@example.com with “Essay Submission” as the subject of the email.
Submit a hard copy at Hallmark Secondary School, Itanla, Ile-Oluji Junction, Ondo/Akure Road, Ondo, Ondo State in a sealed envelope addressed to Women of Essence Foundation and clearly marked ”Essay Submission”
Deadline for Submission
January 30, 2015