TOPIC: CHOOSING THE GOOD PART (1)
BIBLE TEXT: Luke 10:38-42
Introduction: We thank God for this first edition of our Women’s Bible Study. Great things happen when women come together to share the Word of God and also of their life experiences. Today, we shall look at the case of two women who are also sisters. According to the Lord Jesus Christ, one chose a good part and the other did not. May the Lord by His Spirit minister to us tonight, so that we can always chose the right part in life in Jesus name. We encourage you be to be real, practical and down to earth as we share together.
- The passage talks about 3 people
- The Lord Jesus Christ (vs 38, 41-42)
- Martha (vs38, 40)
- Mary her sister (vs 39, 42)
As we read through the passages relating to each person, what do they tell us about the character of each person?
- In verse 41, The Lord Jesus Christ said to Martha…”Martha,Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things”
- What did He mean by this?
- Was He condemning her desire to be a good hostess?
- What are those issues that usually get us worried and troubled as women? (Matt.6:25-34)
- According to Phil4:6, the Bible says “Be careful for nothing….”.How then can truly be free from worrying as women, and is it ever possible to live a worry free life? (1Pet.5:7)
- In verse 42, Jesus said ….”But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her”
- What did He mean by ‘one thing is needed’,and what is that one thing?
- What is the good part that Mary chose?
- What practical steps can we take as women in following the example of Mary?
- What next?: We thank God for the thoughts, ideas and revelations we have shared at this meeting. Please bear in mind that it is not just hearing the Word that matters, but being a doer of what is received. Therefore,
- List out 3 key lessons you have learnt today
- List out 3 steps you will begin to take based on what you have learnt today
In conclusion: We trust God you have had a wonderful time in His presence today. Next month, by God’s grace we shall continue this series on ‘CHOOSING THE GOOD PART’. We shall look deeper at the lives of these two women (most especially Mary).