THEME: CHOOSING THE GOOD PART (3)
TOPIC: CHOICES BIBLE TEXT: Deut 30:19
Introduction: To the glory of God, today marks the 4th edition of our Women’s Bible Study. We thank God for all the amazing things He taught us at the first 3 editions since we started looking at the lives of the Lord Jesus Christ and also Mary & Martha- two sisters who were very different in their approaches to Jesus. In our first Bible lesson, from the text- Luke 10:38-42, we saw the Lord Jesus Christ and His compassionate and loving nature, and how sensitive He is to the needs of others.We also saw that He is more concerned about our personal relationship with Him, rather than our activities for Him. This was why He chastised Martha for being “worried and troubled about many things” and commended Mary for “choosing the good part” by seating at His feet to listen and learn as He taught the Word of God. In lesson two, we looked at another passage which gave us another look into Mary’s heart and her passion for her saviour. In Mark 14:3-9 we read about how despite the presence of a lot of people in the room, she approached the Lord with a very precious item- (her alabaster box). She then broke the box/bottle, and anointed His head with the fragrant oil in it. Yet again, Mary chose the good part by giving Him her most precious item as a Jewish lady. She then received another commendation from the Lord when He said that “…she has done a good work for Me…and …wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her” (vs6&9)
Today, we shall look at the subject of CHOICES as it relates to our lives and how this affect us as women. May the Lord speak to us all in Jesus name.
- What are CHOICES? The dictionary describes choice as ‘an act of choosing between two or more possibilities or alternatives, the right of ability to choose and a range of possibilities from which one may be chosen. Please share with the house a particular situation you have been faced with in past, where you had to make a choice between alternatives and share with us the consequence of that choice. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Choices are a part of our lives and they also affect us daily. The reality however, is that there are consequences for every choice we make and every decision we take in life. All through scriptures, we read about various people who were faced with situations where they had to make choices. Let us look through the examples below, and learn from their lives by identifying the choices they made and the consequences. Eve – Genesis 3:1-6,16 ___________________________________________________________________Lot – Genesis 13:5-11; Gen.19:24-30 _________________________________________________________________ Ruth- Ruth 1:8-18; 4:13-22 ___________________________________________________________________
- How can we like Mary always be sure that we make the right choices at all times in life, and receive the Lord’s commendation?
- Understand that every choice has a consequence (24:15)
- Let the Word of God ,His principles and the Holy Spirit be your guide (119:105)
- Let your choices promote righteousness and the Kingdom of God (Matt 6:33)
- Make choices that will deepen your personal relationship with God (Luke 10:38-42)
- Avoid choices that promote instant gratification (Heb. 11:24-25)
- Make a decision in your heart to always obey God no matter the situation (Dan1:8)
- Keep your focus on eternity (Mark8:36)
In conclusion: We thank the Lord for a great time in His presence. We are hopeful that you have received a Rhema of God’s Word for that situation you are facing at present. We encourage you to take a stand for Jesus no matter how challenging the situation might be, and see how He will turn everything around for His glory.
We look forward to having you next month – Wed. June 1st. Time 10 am-12 noon.
Please come with a friend! God bless.